Space Thematic Unit - Grades 1-2 - AU NZ UK English Version
This product is in Download PDF format.
AU NZ UK English Version
This Space Thematic Unit for use with Grades 1-2 contains the following activities, games and worksheets:
- Planetary Facts Game - Includes planetary fact cards, game board and game cards.
- Animals in Space - Background information sheet and comprehension worksheet.
- Ordering the Planets - Students will name the planets on the illustration provided and draw the asteroid belt between the inner and outer planets.
- The Moon – What Causes Craters Science Experiment - Students will develop a hypothesis, record the procedure, graph their data, draw what they see, record their observations and conclusion.
- Moon Phase Calendar - Students draw the moon as it appears in the night sky on each day of a given month. A list of websites for moon calendars is included for teachers.
- The Moon Writing Prompt - Students will write their own folktale about the moon using the writing prompt provided.
- Jake and Emma Visit the Space Station - Background information sheet and comprehension worksheet.
- Space Station Journal - Students will keep a daily journal for the seven day trip to the Space Station outlining everything they would do and see.
- Space Station Trip - Students will make a packing list of the items they would take if they were going to the Space Station.
- Rotation vs. Revolution - Background information sheet and comprehension worksheet.
- Rotate or Revolve - Students will place each of the words provided in the box under the correct heading to show which items rotate and which revolve.
- Space Rocks - Background information on asteroid, meteors and comets. Students will then fill in the space rocks quiz.
- Create a Space Habitat - Students will design a cage for a hamster living in space, they are provided with the requirements that must be met.
All Answer Keys are included
Thank you for visiting our store.