Rainforest Thematic Unit - Grades 3-4 - AU, NZ, UK English Version
This product is in Download PDF format.
This Rainforest Thematic Unit for Grades 3-4 contains the following information sheets, worksheets, activities and games:
* Where In The World - Information and worksheet about the main tropical rainforests in the world.
* Layers of A Tropical Rainforest – Information sheet.
* Layers of a Tropical Rainforest - Comprehension worksheet.
* Find The Poison Dart Frog - Grid co-ordinate exercise.
* Rainforest Words - Wordsearch
* Rainforest Math - Word Problems
* Save The Rainforest - Information sheet. Students are asked to write a letter asking people to help protect the Rainforests of the World; they must give good reasons in the letter.
* Comparing Rainforests - Information sheet on tropical and temperate rainforests. Students will use this information to complete the compare and contrast worksheet.
* Treasures of the Rainforest - Report Writing. Students will write a report on one useful product that man obtains from a rainforest.
* Butterfly Symmetry - Students will colour the butterfly template in perfect symmetry. * Amazon Adventure - Students are asked to imagine they are a bioprospector searching for a plant or animal species in the rainforest. They are to write about their adventure and illustrate their story.
* Rainforest Patterns – Pattern exercise using rainforest animals.
* Rainforest Food Chain - Information sheet and comprehension questions and a food chain chart to be completed by students.
* Rainforest Animal Trading Card - Students will choose a rainforest animal they would like to learn more about, research it and complete the trading card provided.
* Poisonous Tessallations - A tessellation pattern exercise featuring the Poison Dart Frog.
* Amazon River Adventure - A game to test learning from the information and worksheets in this Thematic Unit.
* Create a Model Rainforest Canopy - Science experiment.
* All Answer Keys are included.
Cover Clipart Credit - Poppydreamz