Animal Life Thematic Unit - Grades 1-2 - AU NZ UK English Version
This product is in Download PDF format.
This Animal Life Thematic Unit is suitable for Grades 1 and 2.
This unit contains the following:
- Animal Writing Prompt - Research and writing exercise using animals as a part of literature.
- Fairy Tale Animals - Students will complete the famous fairy tale titles to show how animals have featured in literature over the years.
- Animal Report Form - Students will choose an animal they are interested in and write a report using the report form provided.
- Animal Habitat - Student’s will ‘create a new animal’ by morphing two animals from different habitats. They will then design a new habitat for their animal.
- Food Chain War Game - This game is designed to increase student knowledge of the levels a food chain.
- Animal Similes - Students will fill in the animal simile examples in the sentences provided.
- Animal Taxonomy – Word Search with information tracing the taxonomy of the Siberian Tiger to teach how classification works.
- Bird House - Students will design, draw and colour their own bird house.
- Bird Beaks - Information and comprehension sheet teaching about the various types of bird beaks and the ways different birds use their beaks.
- Camouflage Science Experiment - An activity to demonstrate how animals use camouflage. Students will complete the record sheet provided to demonstrate their findings.
- The Food Chain - Information sheet and comprehension worksheet to teach the three major elements of the food chain.
- All Answer Keys Included
Thank you for visiting our store.