Australia Thematic Unit - Grades 1-2 - US English Version
This product is in Download PDF format.
US English Version
Suitable for Grades 1-2
Worksheets and Activities including reading comprehension, writing activities, word work, vocabulary and project ideas to give an introduction and understanding of Australian culture, history and traditions.
- Fun With Letters - writing activity.
- Australian Exports - Word Search.
- Mixed Up Marsupials - Information about marsupials. Spelling activity.
- Australian Dot Art - Information about Indigenous Dot Art. Students will cut out the boomerang, trace onto card stock, cut out the animal picture and glue them to their boomerang. They will then do their own dot art design on the boomerang.
- An Outback Adventure - Information about the Outback. Students will cut out and paste in order of importance the items they would put in the backpack on a trip to the Outback.
- Cloze Activity - The Koala
- The Kookaburra - Comprehension
- All About Australia - Comprehension
- How The Kangaroo Got Her Pouch - Compehension
- Australian Map Puzzle for Students to colour the map of Australia; cut it out along the dark lines around the States and glue their puzzle onto blue construction paper.
- One black and white lined hand writing paper and one colored (blue and red) lined hand writing paper.
Answer Keys Are Included